Sunday, December 2, 2012

Burt's Place


Last night we went out to dinner with friends. We went to Burt's Place for pizza. If you are thinking of trying this wonderful hole in the wall pizza place you have to know the rules. Call ahead. Burt doesn't allow walk ins. You should make your reservation and order your pizza at least a couple days ahead. Burt will tell you what time to show up. Don't expect much from the location. It's tiny and when I say tiny I mean enough room for 3 ants, maybe four. But this place has one important thing. Great pizza. We had two, sausage and pepperoni was one pizza and peppers and tomato was the other.

I asked myself last night, what made this pizza great? The answer is everything. The crust was wonderful, the sauce and as good as I've had and the sausage was the best I've every had. I'll go back just to have the sausage again. The atmosphere was nice too. While small, the place had tons of character and characters. Burt and his wife cooked and served the pizzas. It was great seeing them do their thing. It's a huge part of the charm of this place. I highly recommend making the trip to this place for pizza. Just remember, call ahead.


Sausage & Pepperoni 


Real Garlic Bread, sooo much garlic.
Peppers & Tomato 






No comments:

Post a Comment