Monday, September 9, 2013

Frog N Snail

Saturday night was all about the laughing with Dave Foley. Before Dave Foley, we had to eat. So my brother, his wife, Karen and I went out to Frog N Snail. I've been wanting to try Frog N Snail and this was the perfect opportunity. It was pretty easy getting in, no waiting which is nice. 


We started sharing a couple appetizers. We had frog legs with fried green tomato, buffalo barbeque and boursin yogurt dips. We also had escargot with mirepoix, mushroom and snail ragout, Anson Mills white corns white cheddar grits, crispy parsnip, and ramp pesto. This was not your average escargot. I really liked both of these dishes with the frog legs being my favorite of the two.



For dinner Karen went with the Kitchen Sink Cassoulet - duck confit, bacon, sausage, torn chicken, white bean, cabbage n apple slaw, garlic n lemon, and a poached egg on top. She had zero complaints with this dish. She loved it. 


I went with the waiters suggestion. Beef Stroganoff which was made of braised short rib, mushrooms, housemade papardelle noodles, tarragon madeira cream, and petite manhattan filet. Another very good dish.


My brother and his wife went with the Brook Trout - escargot, fennel, spring vegetable, marcona almond cream and the The BLD Burger - prime angus, blt, sunny egg, buttermilk fried onions, boursin,worcestershire, and frog sauce.

 I really liked Frog N Snail and we all left happy and ready to go laugh at....with.....at Dave Foley.

No comments:

Post a Comment