Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Ted Drewes Frozen Custard and Mama Toscano's

Everybody I talked to said I had to try Ted Drewes Frozen Custard. This kids were happy to make this stop. The place was pretty cool. Plenty of parking and they had a great system moving tons of people quickly. The frozen custard was great too! They had so many flavors it was hard to decide. I went with Cardinal Sin, tart cherries and fudge. If I'm ever in St. Louis again, Ted Drewes is a must.


I knew toasted ravioli was a St. Louis thing so I searched the internet for the best in the city. Mama Toscano's was always the first to come up. Later I found out that Alex Guarnaschelli picked this place for the "Best Thing I Ever Ate." I knew I had to give it a try. We went there for a quick lunch after a visit to the zoo. We got two orders of toasted ravioli and sat outside. The ravioli were good, really good. I'd definitely go back but I don't think it would be a must. While pretty damn good, they reminded me more of a decent pizza place appetizer than the best thing I've ever ate. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment