Monday, August 4, 2014

My old stomping grounds


On the way back from Chinatown we stopped at my childhood house. It's been a long time since I've seen it. It brought back so many memories. I used to bounce a rubber baseball against the stairs for hours. I'd play multiple World Series against those stairs before lunch on most days. Those stairs were also the safe point for countless games of ghost in the graveyard. We'd never start playing that until the sun was down. Under the porch was sand left over from the pool. That was my Star Wars universe. I'd play with my toys for hours under there. 

That house holds almost all my childhood memories. It's definitely haunted, at least it was when we lived there. I'd love to see what it's like now inside. I'm sure it would be disappointing. It's obviously not the same as when we were there. I guess it's better to just remember it as I knew it. 





No comments:

Post a Comment