Friday, February 24, 2012

I hate you Winter

Yep, this pile of sludge is all I got today. 3-7 inches of snow? Nope. 1-2 inches of snow? Nope. Big fluffy snowflakes falling throughout the night? Nope.

What makes me mad is that I got suckered, duped, let myself believe. After a miserable Winter of 40 degree weather, I wanted snow. I hoped for snow.  I believed Tom Skilling, the weatherman, when he said there was no way this snow would miss us. I got excited. I was ready for it. Last chance to salvage the Winter. Get out and play with the kids in the freshly fallen snow. The snow was supposed to hit at rush hour. Didn't happen. The forecast changed, the snow would hit between 8-11pm. I waited up but nothing. Forecast changed again. Snow through the night. I went to sleep and when I woke up......a dusting of snow. Not even enough to cover the grass. By afternoon not even that. What a horrible Winter. Well, there still is a couple weeks. They say conditions are ripe for more snow. Maybe, maybe we'll still get some.....

No comments:

Post a Comment