Sunday, February 19, 2012

Smokey Barque

Last night was dinner and a movie night. The movie was The Vow. So yeah, lets talk about dinner. We tried a new BBQ place about ten minutes from home, Smokey Barque. I checked out the menu before going in and it looked promising. Lucky for me, Smokey Barque far exceeded my expectations. The food was great!

Having the kids safely at home with the sitter, we opted to eat in the bar. The atmosphere was perfect. There was trivial pursuit cards on the table which was fun. We started with Hush Puppies for our appetizer. They were huge and seriously hot. These thing were clearly just made. No sitting around under heat lamp for these guys. For dinner I had baby back ribs, garlic mashed potatoes and corn on the cob. Karen had pulled pork, mac & cheese and fried pickle slices. They had seven different BBQ sauces. All of the sauces were different, It was fun trying them. The best part was that you didn't even need the sauce. The meat tasted all smokey and great. The sides were pretty damn good too. A really enjoyable meal.

I know a lot of people reading this won't find themselves in the Chicago burbs anytime soon but I also know there are some of you who do live around me. I highly recommend this place to you. It's so worth a try. You may be asking yourself "Why is he pushing this place?" Well, it's simple. There's no good BBQ places around me and I would love to see this place stick around. The more people try it and like it, the better chance I will have a good BBQ place around me for a long time.




No comments:

Post a Comment