Thursday, November 3, 2011

1.8, 10.2


Ok, ok, ok. I know. I keep posting these pictures of numbers. I think it's driving Jason, my supervisor, completely crazy. He keeps telling me I have to explain them. I have a feeling most people get it but in case you don't I'll explain.

Recently I decided I needed to take better care of myself. I most definitely could stand to lose some weight. So I joined weight watchers. I've done stuff in the past like ride a bike or take up running but I've never kept with it for whatever reason. Mostly it was a new kid coming into the picture. That has a way of derailing anything you are doing, especially exercise and diet.

I always stayed away from weight watchers, never thought it would work. Well, so far I've been proven wrong. I can honestly say I've loved the program. I like the flexibility of being able to eat what I want within the points system. I really don't feel like I'm dieting. Well, I'm actually not dieting, that's not what it is. I eat more now than I did before. Oh course I'm eating better stuff for me but quantity wise I'm eating more. In fact, I find it hard to eat as much as I need to everyday.

I'm pretty happy with the way things are going. Last night I weighed in. I really thought this was not going to be a good week. Saturday was my birthday/anniversary dinner with my wife. Sunday I got together with my family. Of course we ate and had dessert. Monday was Halloween. But I made smart choices during the week and on those days so I ended up still losing 1.8 pounds. That brings me to a total of 10.2 pounds lost in about 3 weeks. It's freaking awesome. I'm excited, I think this will really work out for me. Good or bad I'll post how I did each week. I understand that there will be ups and downs. I've been told you can be perfect in a week and still gain, it happens. I think you just have to keep going forward. No matter what, consistent good choices will lead you to where you wanna go. That's my mindset, that's what I'm sticking with. So hopefully next week there will be more good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment