Thursday, November 29, 2012

3 Floyd's Brewpub

I'm almost done with my Christmas shopping but almost isn't good enough. So I went out with Mrs. 04 to get a gift tonight. Our gift getting ways led us to 3 Floyd's Brewpub. We got the gift and got a quick bite to eat. I was surprised by how much I liked the food. I knew I'd like the beer but the food was really good.


We got seated right away and got some beer. I had Robert the Bruce - A bold Scottish ale with a complex malty body derived from roasted and crystal malts balanced with just the right combination of hops. This ale pours a deep ruby color, has a sweet malty nose with layered caramel and roasted notes and a full body. Robust yet smooth, Robert The Bruce is a malt lover’s delight. Yes, this description was from the menu, I did not create those words myself. 

Karen had Dreadnaught - A hophead’s dream beer. This Imperial India Pale Ale has an opening salvo of mango, peach and citrus hop aromas that sit atop a pronounced caramel malt backbone. Although Dreadnaught is a strong and intensely hoppy ale, its complex flavor is both smooth and memorable.

Robert the Bruce is the darker one.
For dinner I ordered wood grilled shrimp and cheddar grits with red eye gravy. This was so damn good. Very tasty. Can I lick the bowl? 

It was dark, sorry the picture isn't so good.
Karen went with a burger but no ordinary burger. She got Blood Lust. What is Blood Lust? Let me tell you. Blood lust is a patty of ground shortrib topped with bacon, caramelized onions, sun-dried tomato ketchup and sharp cheddar. Yes, you are allowed to drool. Side of fries? Nope, not at this place. Karen got a side of poutine with bone marrow, gravy and fried capers.



I really liked the atmosphere. I wanted to kick back and have a few more tasty beers. The only complaint I had was the noise at times. The music was a bit loud and sometimes instead of music there was a loud screeching noise. It went away pretty quickly so it wasn't so bad.


I couldn't resist bringing back a 6 pack of Zombie Dust. 






No comments:

Post a Comment