Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Just cancel it already


I'm an optimist when it comes to hockey. I really am. When the Hawks are struggling, I'm the first to say they are about to break out. Down 3-0 in a playoff series? The Blackhawks can come back! When the Hawks sign a bunch of lower tier players, I see potential. It's just in my nature to be positive about hockey. Even now I'm still an optimist about hockey, just not the NHL.

So the NHL and NHLPA, the players, are meeting with an arbitrator tomorrow. Great, whatever. I'm tired of this lockout. It really pissed me off. There is no reason for it. Both sides sat around when they should have been working it out. Now we are left without the NHL heading into December. The problem is I don't care anymore. Me saying I don't care about hockey should terrify the NHL and NHLPA. I was pissed off, I've moved on. I don't want a season this year. I want them to cancel it. I think that's whats going to happen anyway so might as well get it over with. Put all the fans out of their misery. Even if they worked it out, I don't want a season starting in January or February. The season would be a joke. Cramming in 4 games a week just to get the fans money.

Like I said, I'm a hockey optimist. So even if the NHL and the NHLPA are determined to permanently damage their relationship with their fan base, there is other hockey to support. I think I'm going to take my girls to a Wolves game soon. It's gonna be cool digging out my Chris Marinucci IHL jersey and heading over to the Allstate Arena.

I won't lie. When the NHL comes back, I'll be there at the UC cheering on the Hawks but it won't be the same for a long time. I doubt I'll want to get that shirt or jersey or whatever crap I bought because it had the Hawks logo on it. The Blackhawks meant more to me than they probably should have. That's changed now but I guess that's what two lockouts can do. It hurts the NHL's core, the die hard fans. Time will tell if the NHL can recover from this. I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment