Saturday, November 17, 2012

Koda Bistro

I went out with my sister tonight for a bit of dinner and a bit of the chitting and chatting. We went to Koda Bistro on the South side of Chicago. It was a nice place and I was pretty happy with my meal. I'd definitely go back.

I started with some Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale. You could really taste the Bourbon.



My first course was Pumpkin Soup with Brioche Croutons and Jarlsburg Cheese. The soup was very light, not an overwhelming, punch you in the face pumpkin taste. My sister had Roasted Red & Golden Beet Salad with blue cheese, mache, walnuts and shallot vinaigrette. She said this was her favorite part of dinner. 

For my entree I had Sauteed Sea Scallops with butternut squash risotto an baby spinach. My sister had Maryland Crab Cakes. Both were very good. I love risotto so I was very happy to stuff my face.






No comments:

Post a Comment