Sunday, October 24, 2010

Quick Ghost Update

So I'm going to try and post everything weird that happens from now on.  Its an easy way for me to keep track of the little things that happen in my house, like I said before its very easy to forget some stories.  I know there will be some people who read this and think its crap.  Ghosts don't exist, right?  You may be right, I don't know.  What I do know is that weird stuff happens in my house.  Things I haven't been able to explain and I do look for reasonable explanations.  Whether its a ghost, just coincidences or something else I'm still trying to figure it all out. Hopefully I wont be updating very often!

Just a little background info because this always comes up.  I built my house four years ago so there was no previous owners.  The land was farm land so no Indian burial grounds that I know of.  As far as I can tell my house is a perfectly normal house with no strings attached.  What I think is more relevant is the fact that this is not abnormal for my family.  There is a long history in my family of ghost type occurrences.  My mom had different types of experiences well into her adult life.  My sister believed her house to have a ghost for awhile. I can remember having experiences when I was really young which faded as I got older.  There seems to be a family predisposition to these kind of experiences.  While I haven't had one in a long time, I wonder if one of my children inherited the family trait.

So last night we came home somewhat late from my parents house.  We quickly got the kids to bed, my wife fell asleep in bed feeding the youngest.  I put him in his crib then went downstairs to shut the lights off and get the dog.  I turned everything off and got the dog, she ran upstairs.  Halfway up the stairs I heard a noise in the dining room.  It sounded like something being moved and falling over.  I stopped for a second to listen, I thought maybe a toy has fallen over.  This is something I didn't mention in my first blog about why I thought my house was haunted.  There have been times when the kids toys go on while I'm walking upstairs at night.  I was going to continue up when I heard what sounded like a footstep and then the same noise again.  The footstep is what alarmed me.  I got my wife out of bed and we searched the house.  At that point I was nervous about an intruder.  I know I heard the sound of someone walking.  We didn't find anything, not even a reason for the sound of something moving or falling over.  Everything was in place.  So thats it.  Nothing else happened, could have been nothing but still weird.  I will let you know if and when anything else happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment