Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Oswald - Picture of the Day - April 20th

A few days ago I posted a picture of Stinky Pinky, my oldest son's best friend.  A friend posted a comment and that got me thinking. Why haven't I introduced you to Oswald, my youngest daughter's best friend.  Just to be clear my daughter is 4 and my son is 2 1/2.  Why is this important? Its not but at least you know who reigns supreme between Oswald and Stinky Pinky.  Oswald is the elder, Oswald is wise.  We all aspire to be in Oswald's good graces.

Oswald and my daughter have such pure love for each other.  Its a joy to watch them together.  I know Oswald is going to be a part of my family until I die.  If my daughter doesn't take him with her where ever life leads her then I want him.  That doll is a part of her and I never want that gone. So whats Oswald? Oswald is a stuffed blue octopus that my brother got for her.  She's had it most of her life and has loved it as much as a kid can love a stuffed blue octopus.  Oswald shows his wear.  He's faded, matted and his stuffing is less than fluffy.  His smile is a now a half smile, thanks to A's mom for the operation that salvaged a half smile.  On his best day he still looks filthy.  He is everything he should be.  He is worn because he is loved.  So here is Oswald in all his glory.


No comments:

Post a Comment