Monday, April 4, 2011

A Rekindled Love Affair - Pictures of the Day - April 4th






A rekindled love affair is the best way to describe what happened to me yesterday.  I remembered why I love baseball.  I went to my first Cubs game in at least 5 years.  There are tons of reason why I haven't been, having 4 kids in 5 years, the crazy boom in demand for Cubs tickets or I just didn't like the team at times.

To begin, I've been a Cubs fan my whole life.  I remember growing up going to Wrigley Field with my mom during summer break.  I loved those games, I hope I can do the same for my kids.  My dad was a White Sox fan so we did go to the Sox games but it was different.  Don't get me wrong, as a kid going to any game was a blast but going to Wrigley Field was special.  We eventually converted my dad to the right side and from then on it was pretty much all Cubs games.

I always found a way to get out to a bunch of Cubs games every year.  Things changed though about 5 years ago.  First, I started having kids.  4 Kids in 5 years has kept me very busy.  Also, the price of tickets and demand for tickets went crazy.  Wrigley Field was always a draw but not quite like it has been recently.  I'm sorry, I love the Cubs but you just cant pay $200+ dollars to just sit downstairs and that's per ticket.  Last year I decided to take the year off.  I couldn't care about the Cubs.  I had been burned so many times but that didn't matter so much to me.  Last years team was horrible and by team I mean the players.  I couldn't get myself to cheer for any of them.  It really was a team of turds. Zambrano and his tantrums, Soriano and his sucking and lets not forget Milton Bradley and his being a piece of garbage.  For the first time in my life I couldn't find a guy I liked on the Cubs, so I took the year off.

But this year is new and everything is better.  The Cubs have Kid K, Kerry Wood, back where he belongs.  Reed Johnson is back.  Marlon Byrd seems pretty cool.  I'm starting to love Marmol even though he blew the save Sunday.  Starlin Castro is awesome and his name is Starlin, more awesome.  I like these guys.  Its gonna be a painful year, this is not a good team, but I like these guys.  That's all I ever really needed.  I don't expect the Cubs to win, they don't very often and you get used to that as a Cubs fan, but I need to like the team.  So I went to Sundays game against the Pirates with my sister, brother & his girlfriend.  The Cubs lost but I had a great time.  Sitting in the Wrigley Field bleachers Sunday I realized why I love the Cubs.  It simple, I always have and always will.  I grew up with them, they are my team for better or worse and I cant stay away for long.  So here are some pictures from my day at Wrigley, I hope you enjoy. 


Thats me, behind me? Oh, that Wrigley Field!




I got this for my daughter but had to try it on.

Time to go in!




Ran to get 1st row bleacher seats.

Evidence my bro's girlfriend was at a Cubs game....She's a Sox fan.
I think my sister is excited!




Cubs pitchers warming up.
My sister desparately trying to get a batting practice ball.

I gave it to my sister.

I got one!
Me......Wrigley....Happy!

1st hot dog of the year.

First beer of the Season.


Of course, you need peanuts at a ballgame.

Marlon Byrd
Tyler Colvin warming up with....



Despite Marmol shitting the bed, Good Times!

Marmol about to shit the bed.

On the way out I had to check out the Harry Carey statue.


2 comments:

  1. I love the photos. I have a pic of me in front of that stadium. LOVE it. I think its funny how you can sit on top of the buildings and watch. Go Dodgers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Yeah, it's a great ballpark. I'm spolied to have grown up with it. Go Cubbies!

    ReplyDelete