Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Soccer time again. Part 2

So yes, some of you may have seen this picture already but I can't help it. I love this picture and it fits the theme of the day.


Today was Amelie's very first soccer practice. Today was also my very first practice as assistant coach of one of my kids teams. Starting Friday I will run the practices alone for a couple weeks. I was super excited and pretty nervous.

To be honest I know very little about soccer. I watch it, I play FIFA 20-whatever but how much do I really know about soccer? Enough to coach? Are the other parents gonna look at me like "Who is this idiot?" Are the kids just going to run in different directions having me running all over the field just to get them lined up? Can I really do this? 

Well the answer is yes....so long as the team is a bunch of 4 and 5 year olds. I quickly realized I'm not there to pump great soccer knowledge into these kids heads but to show them how to kick a ball straight. The parents were happy that their kids were running around in the sun having fun. I'm pretty sure some of the parent were just happy that I was doing it and not them. The kids were great and seemed to have fun. Today was good but I expect Friday to be better. I'm excited to be a part of my girls team. I think she's happy I'm there too. I realized today this is possible, I can do this and that makes me very happy!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photo. Your children are so beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks mate. I absolutely love this picture.

    ReplyDelete