Friday, July 8, 2011

Poll: The Great Blackhawks Jersey Change Up

The Blackhawks went into this off season needing to make some changes and changes they made. The Hawks brought in Andrew Brunette, Dan Carcillo, Jamal Mayer, Rostislav Olesz, Steve Montador, Sean O'Donnell & Alexander Salak. I'm pretty sure there is still another move or two coming but the Hawks have added the grit they so desperately needed.

For the Hawks to make some of these moves players had to go. One of those players was Brian Campbell. I liked Campbell, I think he was undervalued by the fans in Chicago. When he was right, the team was better but even I will admit his contract ate up way too much cap space. So off to Florida Campbell went freeing up much needed cap space, the only problem being I had a Campbell jersey!

So now I'm going to get those letters and numbers ripped off and replace them with another Blackhawks, one of the 2011-2012 variety. But who? I've thought about it and here are the options. I'd like to see what everybody thinks so please vote in the poll and leave comments if you want. I'm going to leave the poll open to July 25th 4:30 and then I'm taking the jersey to get changed. I have a favorite but I can be swayed.

Dave Bolland - Bolland is my favorite. I love him and his axe murdering, skin and boil your cat tendencies.

Andrew Brunette - The only new Hawk I would consider. I've always liked him and he is a Canuck killer!

Niklas Hjalmarsson - Hammer is a close second to Bolland and I think he's gonna have a huge year.

Duncan Keith - Keith is well....Keith. You gotta love him.

Patrick Sharp - I like Sharp, think he's gonna get 30 goals this year but everybody has his jersey.

Brent Seabrook - Seabs gonna bounce back this year but I'm not sure I want his jersey. I don't know.

Corey Crawford - I love goalies, always have. A Crawford jersey to keep my Thibault jersey company?

2 comments:

  1. Keith would be an excellent choice but I'm leaning toward Bolland. I was gonna take it in today but soccer practice said no so it looks like Wednesday I'll take it in.

    ReplyDelete