Thursday, October 27, 2011

Being a Cubs fan...

Being a Cubs fan isn't easy. No, I'm not talking about the drunk idiot sitting in the bleacher on a nice warm 85 degree day. That guy, he's not a fan. I'm talking about the real Cubs fans. The people who grew up going to Wrigley to see their Cubs play. Staying at the game despite the fact the Pirates already scored 18 runs and Doug Dascenzo was coming in to pitch. Yeah, I actual saw that. The fans who care about the Cubs all 365 days of the year. For that fan, it's not easy.


No, I don't want to see my team lose every year. Yes, I get extremely frustrated with the team, management and the baseball gods. Yes, I still go out to games when I can. As a fan base we don't need to have empty seats to send a message. They already know and are trying. Up to this point they just have been getting it wrong, very wrong. Hopefully that's all changed now.


But as I'm sitting on my couch watching the World Series I couldn't escape it. Up comes this:

You can't watch baseball for very long without being reminded how long the Cubs haven't had a World Series Win. To be honest I hadn't watched a single game of the World Series until tonight. I wanted no part in seeing the Cardinals do anything other than choke. I thought tonight was the night they would lose so I tuned in. Hell Yeah seeing the Cards lose would make me happy. But no, they had to go and win and be all dramatic. And of course I had to be reminded of 103 years of......Oh forget it. C'mon Ranger, win tomorrow. Go Rangers Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment