Thursday, January 5, 2012

Star Gazing

I introduced my kids to something I absolutely love. The Universe. I'm always excited getting out the telescope and seeing what I can find. I can do it for hours losing myself in the stars. I don't do it enough but hopefully that will change after tonight.


Tonight I got to see my kids experience the universe through a telescope for the first time. We looked at Jupiter first. We saw the famous red storms. We counted at least five moons. We then looked at the moon. Then we looked closer and then closer. I heard my daughter whisper to herself "Oh my god, wow" as she explored the craters of the moon up close. I was so happy. I saw in her the excitement I have every time I look through the telescope. I know she wants to do it again.  I know I have a star gazing buddy from now on. That makes me so very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment