Tuesday, January 31, 2012

That's it Winter, I'm breaking up with you.

I woke us this morning at my normal time. Got the kids ready for school, gave them breakfast and said good bye. Their mom took them to school. I got ready for work, got in my car and went to my office. I prepared for the day, went to court and kicked butt. This has been my routine everyday this month. And living in the Chicago burbs this routine has been accompanied by cold. Some days have been absolutely freezing and other have been kinda chilly. This year though it's been more chilly than cold. Temperatures hover more in the mid 40's than mid teens. It's been a warmer than usual January with very little snow. Sure a snow storm here and there but it's always followed by warmer temps melting away all the fun snow.

Winter has been pissing me off but today I'm officially angry with Winter. Today, January 31st, the temperature hit 61 degrees. It may be higher, but as I write this it's 61 degrees. This is wrong, unacceptable, mind blowing, stupid, frustrating and makes me sad. I like Winter. I like cold. I like snow, especially having little kids. I want to get out and build snowmen and have snowball fights. We have plenty of time for Spring weather....in Spring! So Please Winter, I beg you, come back. Unleash a blizzard that closes schools for a week. Hit rush hour with blinding snow so that it takes 3 hours to drive 2 miles. Make me shovel the driveway four time in one night. Do it, I dare you. Please, just do something. I'm not ready for Spring yet.

2 comments:

  1. The opinons expressed do not represent all in th egrater chicago region

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, ok, maybe not blinding snow at rush hour but some snow that sticks around for a bit would be nice.

      Delete