Tuesday, September 6, 2011

McFail

So I want to complain today. I almost never complain through this blog. Really, you can even check. So if I'm complaining then you know something has gotten under my skin a bit. And this will not count as my picture of the day since it's just a rant. What's bugging me today? Well its tied to one of my older blog posts. If you didn't read it go now and read it. Click on this McLink to the McPost

Basically, I had a bad experience at a McDonald's in Oak Brook, IL. That's McDonald's corporate headquarters. Not only was the food horrible but the service was even worse. I was disappointed. I said it should be better because of where it's located. I stand by my comments. That McDonald's should be an example for all McDonald's but it was far below average.

I don't want to get off point though. I already complained about the quality of that store. That's over and done. As I said in my last post I didn't expect McDonald's to care about my blog post. To my surprise I did receive a response. I was contacted by @Kty_McD through twitter. I know these twitter accounts are set up to troll for keywords and try to help customers with problems. Tweet long enough and you will have someone like this contact you.
Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you @Kty_McD
 So she asked me to follow her or direct message her. I followed her. Hey, she wanted to help so I figured why not. She direct messaged me later that day. You can see the messages below.


I was actually a bit excited. I thought it was cool that the store might get a little heat for being so crappy. I never expected to get a response from my blog post so it was cool knowing that something might happen. Well, that feeling was short lived. I waited for a response from @Kty_McD. A couple days past, then a week and finally two weeks. Nothing.

I have been officially forgotten or blown off or something. I didn't expect to get anything out of this but I sure would have loved a response. Something, anything. All @Kty_McD needed to do is send me a direct message saying she contacted the store and they are taking care of the problem. I would have been very happy. It irks me that she would reach out to try and help and then blow me off. It would've been better to have never even tried. A shitty attempt at I'm sorry is much worse than saying nothing at all.

To be fair I will say this. I have not tried to contact @Kty_McD since I messaged her the info. I shouldn't have to though. She, as a rep of McD's, contacted me. She asked for the info and said she wanted to help. I shouldn't have to bug her to remember that she did that. It kinda kills the whole "what can I do to help" vibe.

This doesn't bug me as much as it probably seems. I do feel like I was burned my McD's though. This was the first time I've interacted with a big business twitter account. I always avoid them or at the most made fun of them. So with this being the first time using one for it's intended purpose, I feel like I got burned. Lucky for me I have this fun little piece of the internet to tell all of you wonderful people how I feel. So yes, I get to complain and now I'm done. Thanks for reading and I promise all sunshine and rainbows for a while....and cheese balls, you saw how many I have, right?


UPDATE
So after posting this today @Kty_McD contacted me via twitter and apologized for not getting back to me. It happens, things fall through the cracks sometimes. She told me that she did forward the information to the store so that's good. That is the point of complaining, right? Hopefully that store will be more aware of how their employees act and the product that goes out. So that's it. McDone.

2 comments: