Saturday, August 20, 2011

Oh great shiny McDonald's, you let me down...

Ok, so I want to rant about something that is so not important it's not even worth the space on this blog. Knowing this, will it stop me from ranting? Oh hell no!

I went out with my parents last night shopping for clothes and shoes for my girls. It was awesome they took the girls out. My girls were happy and felt special so win all around.

After shopping we went to the McDonald's to get some food. It was late so we opted for something quick. I was excited though because we were going to the McDonald's in Oak Brook, IL. Why is this important? Because that's where McDonald's corporate headquarters is located as well as Hamburger U. I've always heard that this McD's should be the best one but oh was that not true.


The guy taking our order was the first McD's fail. His shirt was half tucked in, he looked horrible. Then he opened his mouth. I could barely understand half of what he said because he mumbled everything. But not to worry, he made it clear he wasn't happy. From the starring at us while we were looking at the menu and saying "Uhhhh, I can take your order....If you know what you want." Ok, it really was the way he said it. You know, while looking at us like we just told him he was going to be working there for the rest of his life. Oh yeah, maybe it was the slamming down the cups on the tray. Yup, everything he did screamed I'm pissed because I'm here right now.

Then I ate my food. I worked at a McDonald's in high school. I know how it goes. Clearly my burger was sitting out for a while....a really long while. I know, I know they make them fresh, right? Well, sometimes the answer is no. My bun was hard, a large piece broke off. That's how dry it was. The burger look plastic, that's how dried out it was.

So why didn't I complain at that time? Ever eat with a 6 and 4 year old before? You don't have time to go up to the counter and start a war with McDonald's over a bad burger. You eat quick and get more ketchup for the kids. But still, I wanted to vent. Doesn't get me anything, makes me feel better though. Will McDonald's care about my silly little blog? No, but they should. The bright shiny beacon of McDonald's located by corporate offices and Hamburger U should be better. That McD's should be the gold standard for all McD's but it wasn't and it wasn't even close and that's a shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment