Sunday, August 7, 2011

Bacon and hazelnut soup

I love breakfast, it's my favorite meal of the day. So what can possibly make breakfast even better? Having it with my girls of course. I took the girls out to try a new hole in the wall breakfast place.

The Breakfast Nook opened up a couple days ago so I figured why not try it. The food was ok, actually kinda underwhelming but who cares. Breakfast places rarely get better than ok. Some of them are great but a majority are the same old thing. Just so it's clear, I'm not complaining about the same old thing. I like basic omelets, pancakes or french toast and these places churn them out like there's no tomorrow.

The girls were thrilled to get pancakes but that was not the highlight of breakfast. Two things took over. First was bacon love. Oh dear lord can my girls eat bacon. They love the stuff, it was crazy. The second big event was the creamer. The hazelnut creamer to be exact. Once Amelie knew it was hazelnut she needed it. She drank three hazelnut creamers during breakfast because she said it was hazelnut soup. Olivia informed me that was from the Tangled movie. So yeah, bacon and hazelnut creamer....Wooo Breakfast!

Bacon Craze!

Hazelnut Soup

I think she's keeping an eye out for pirates....robot pirates.....with zombies.

No comments:

Post a Comment