Wednesday, August 3, 2011

When in Wisconsin look for cows

Being in Door County is a complete change of pace from Chicago. While Door County is a vacation destination, it still is rural Wisconsin. That means there is no shortage of real working farms. Between the towns there really is nothing but farms and nature.

Since I plan on talking about Door County for the next couple of days I might as well show you where it is on the map. See below. That's Wisconsin. See the red. That's Door County. The map next to it is a zoomed in view. So if I ever mention a town and you wanna check out where it is I'll tag this post as Door County Map. Look it up here on my blog and it should come right up. I'm pretty sure no of you care that much about my vacation pictures but hey, why not be thorough.


So back to nature and farms. Driving around Door County you get to see so many cool things you don't see in the city. Two of those things are cows and wild turkeys. We got to see both of those things on the same road. Cows and turkeys, in the city I'd be talking about burgers and sandwiches. So here are some pictures we took from the side of the road.






No comments:

Post a Comment