Sunday, August 21, 2011

6th Annual Cubs vs Sox Crosstown Classic Whiffle Ball Game


Every year for the last six years at some point during the summer my family gets together to play a whiffle ball game. Being in Chicago the rules are simple. Cubs fans against Sox fans, win at all costs. Ok, maybe it's a bit more friendly than that but each side really really wants to win.

Yesterday we got together for this years game. The Cubs quickly got on top but the Sox put the pressure on and jumped way ahead. It looked like this years game was going to be a blow out but the Cubs showed some moxie scoring 5 runs in the 9th inning to make a game of it. Final score was Sox 11 Cubs 9.

If you didn't know already I'm a Cubs fan so I was playing on the losing side this year. Really, no fun. Actually it was tons of fun and I did manage to be perfect at the plate getting a hit every time I batted. That as well as some nifty pitching earned me the title of Cubs MVP this year.

The managers going through the rules.
The first pitch and swing of the game.

My daughter running home.




My brother in law, the Sox MVP. He killed us!








So these were some pictures from the game. If you read this and say "Wow, that sounds like fun. I should do that." I highly encourage you to try and make it happen. It really is fun and I look forward to it every year.

No comments:

Post a Comment