Tuesday, August 2, 2011

My girls first sunset

If you've been reading the blog lately you know I just got back from vacation about a week ago. We packed the family up and went north to Door County, Wisconsin for two weeks. If you know me then this doesn't surprise you. I have been going up to Door County my whole life. I have memories as a kid, teen and adult from Door County. It's a place I truly love. I love it so much that when I met my wife I took her up there for our first vacation. We eventually dragged a hundred-ish people up north and got married in Door County. We've met all sorts of people we kept in touch with. Artists, chefs and even real estate agents (Our wedding planner). They have become friends and we look forward to seeing them every year. They know our kids, even have a dish named after our oldest daughter on the menu at one restaurant. We love it and feel like we are a part of our favorite vacation town. Our kids have caught the Door County bug too. I have a feeling we are going to be going up there for a long, long time.

I was able to post a picture here and there while up in Door County but I'd like to go back and post some more pictures the next couple of days. It's going to be fun for me going through these pictures. I hope you guys enjoy them as much as I do. It would be easy to go through these day by day but I think I'd rather just pick a moment or event from the vacation kinda at random.

So I'm going to start with a night about three days into the vacation. I took my girls to the beach to watch the sunset while the boys stayed back at the room with my wife. It was the first sunset for my girls so it was kinda special. We just kicked back and enjoyed. All of the pictures are the actual pictures, no filters. It really did change colors as much as the pictures show. So...enjoy!


Our seats for the show



2 comments:

  1. They got a great sunset, for their first! Beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm happy I could share it with them.

    ReplyDelete