Monday, January 31, 2011

Blizzard Watch - Picture Of The Day - January 31st

So anybody who knows me well will tell you I'm completely a weather junkie. In the spring/summer I'm always hoping for a good thunderstorm.  Of course when there is a storm I'll check radar, weather websites and I'm always checking the National Weather Service for update or warnings.  I can't help it, its in my blood.  I inherited my condition from my mom, my sister is the same way.  Its a family addiction, I'm pretty sure it drives my wife crazy.  Well, I think its the sitting in the basement with a flashlight and radio while everybody else in town is eating dinner that drives her crazy. But that's not the point, the point is there is a storm coming!
2-3 inches per hour! Crazy!



So my picture of the day is what I keep checking every hour for new details.  If a year from now I look back on this I will remember this storm, or the potential for snowmagedon.  So the details, they say a blizzard is bearing down on us with predictions of 18-22 inches of snow in a very short amount of time.  This could fizzle out like so many predictions have or this could be the storm of my kids childhood.  I think there has been this much snow only 3-4 times in my life so this could be big.  I'm excited, I would love to get a day off work and 18 inches of snow to throw my kids around in.  Keep your fingers crossed, please please please snow!



One of many sites I've been checking.


4 comments:

  1. My wife's a teacher with a bit of a commute so I'm hoping that southeast Michigan's white fluffy end times holds off until early evening tomorrow.

    Snowlidarity !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm hoping for a Wednesday off work fun snow day.

    Snowlidarity indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snowlidarity!!! The office is buzzing with snow day predictions. Bring on the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo Hoo! No work tomorrow! Thank you SnowzillaRex!

    ReplyDelete