Saturday, February 26, 2011

Moving On - Thought/Video of the Day - February 26th

So its a new day, the page has been flipped, yesterday is dead and today is here.
I've embraced the idea of letting go of things that aren't good for me.  I have a new rallying cry, a new mantra.  A mantra I must embrace for the sake of my own mental well being.  I can't be angry forever and now its time to let it go, more importantly I'm ok with it.  It's on my own terms.

When I'm frustrated or angry, music always calms me down.  I find I can always retreat into music if I need to.  It has a way of leveling me, usually whatever was bugging me passes.  So last night I remembered this song and it struck me and helped me realize its time to let go.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying my rallying cry is to not care about anything, just certain things.  I have plenty to care about, a wife who has grown so much in the past 6 months despite major obstacles. I'm really proud of her.  I have great kids.  My parents and siblings are also brilliant.  Our lives aren't perfect, we all have stuff to deal with.  I'm lucky that I haven't in a long time so I can deal with this, I can move on.  I'm a better person and I can take comfort in knowing that despite what certain others may think.  I'm sorry if you're left wondering what happened.  You will never know.  As of now I don't care to go into it anymore.  I've truly moved on, I'm happy again.  It feels good to be me again.


No comments:

Post a Comment