Monday, February 21, 2011

My Support of Hockey Day - Pictures of the Day - February 21st

Yesterday was Hockey Day in America so what did I do? Went to a hockey game, of course!  I grabbed my ticket and headed down to the United Center to see the Hawks take on the Penguins.

I love Chicago




















My Tickets are pretty close to center ice so I have a great view of  the game.



I settled in and got out my copy of The Committed Indian, the unofficial program of the Chicago Blackhawks.  Its so funny, if you are going to a Hawks game you must get one.  They sell them outside the stadium, just walk around and you'll find one.  You just need to see this one tiny example to know the greatness of The Committed Indian.



Pre game show, all the colors of the feathers in the Blackhawks Headpiece.  Getting pumped up at this point, Gonna see some Hockey on Hockey Day!














Some of the action on the ice.  The Blackhawks owed the Penguins in the 1st period but only had 1 goal to show for it.  The second wasn't so good but hey its the Hawks right? The Hawks got back up early in the 3rd only to let the Pens tie it up with 3 minutes left.  Luckily, the Hawks pulled it out on a Patrick Kane shoot out winner!











Somewhere in the 3rd period this guy danced for the crowd, its become a bit of a tradition.  At first I didn't like it but I have to admit it's kinda grown on me.  I really can't explain what exactly he does but its a cross between Irish dancing and rock? I'm not sure.










So I headed home and watched the Heritage Classic which I was recording.  The Calgary Flames beat the Montreal Canadiens 4-0.  Those are some ugly uniforms Calgary had on......Ok, I want one.  I'm a sucker for Hockey Jerseys.  One day I'll post a picture of the ones I have, I think I'm up to 25-26 jerseys now.  Crazy, isn't it.




So that's it, that's what I did to support Hockey on Hockey Day in America.  

No comments:

Post a Comment