Sunday, February 27, 2011

Night Out - Picture of the Day - February 27th

Last night was good.  Last night was exactly what I needed.  My wife and I went out to dinner with my parents.  We went to Wildfire http://wildfirerestaurant.com/ and we had a great time.

We split three starters.  Braised Short Rib Ravioli, Baked Goat Cheese in Tomato Basil Sauce with Focaccia and Oven Roasted Crab Cakes.  The goat cheese was really good, it really worked the tomato.  I really liked the short rib ravioli but that's because I've become addicted to braised short ribs.  Probably 5 years ago my wife took me to New York for a birthday weekend.  We did some crazy fun stuff like eating at Le Halles http://leshalles.net/brasserie/, Anthony Bourdains former restaurant.  Getting drunk at The Fraunces Tavern which has some brilliant Revolutionary war history tied to the building. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fraunces_Tavern   Getting even more drunk and watching the Rangers take on the Maple Leafs at Madison Square Garden.  We took the time to see everything at Moma.  But the clear highlight of the trip was eating at Gordon Ramsey at The London. http://www.gordonramsay.com/gratthelondon/ Among the 6 courses of probably the best meal I have every had was braised short ribs.  I swear it was like eating perfection.  So, ever since then I will always try short ribs hoping to capture even a small flash of what I once had.  Wow, what a side story...So back to last night...

 I kinda knew I wanted fish before I even looked at the menu.  Actually, I knew I wanted to have fish all day.  I'm not really a huge fan of steak.  I like it, especially when it's a good steak place but I usually prefer fish. So I ordered the Cod special, it came with a butter sauce and zucchini.  I ordered mashed potatoes as my side.


 This was honestly the best thing I have put into my face in quite some time.  The fish was perfect, I couldn't have asked for a better piece of Cod.


Dessert was awesome, I had a dark chocolate pie.  The chocolate was very dark with nice bite of bitter that made it very good.  I like going out with my parents, I know I'm a dork.  It was a wonderful night, good food, good company & the promise of more in the near future.  Ahhhh, I'm happy.  Stuffed, but happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment