Monday, February 14, 2011

Vacation - Picture of the Day - February 14th

This weekend we went up to Door County, Wisconsin for a four day mini vacation. I've been going there for my whole life so it's safe to assume that I love it.  Going to Wisconsin in February means its off season which means almost nothing is open.  That's not such a bad thing though.  There's still a couple good restaurants open, a few shops and plenty of winter scenery to take in.





Of course driving in Wisconsin would I have to pass this truck.  Blah, everybody was Packer crazy.  I hope the Vikes can rebound and give me something to be happy about next year.




So we got up to Door County with enough time to get dinner.  We knew exactly were we wanted to go, Al Johnson's.  I love their Swedish meatballs, they really are awesome.  Door  County is pretty Scandinavian so places like this are pretty authentic.  My understanding is that the building was actually brought over from Sweden!



The next day I took my girls to Hands On Art.  Its a pretty basic art place in an old renovated barn.  I created me and my wife's salt shaker doppelgangers.  Fun times was had by all!


These were just a few pictures I took of some cool winter scenery.





These are a few pictures of the crazy train icicles that were all over the place.   They were really pretty at night, pictures don't really do them justice.


My oldest daughter was really interested in where we got married.  She knew my wife and I married in Door County and she wanted to see where.  I took her to the Church, St. Paul's and I showed her the fireplace where we got engaged.  Lots of good things happened for me in this place.




This was the best Cherry Cola I have ever had.




So that pasta dish you see on the right is named after me, not kidding.  Angela Di Villasenor Pasta tossed with sun dried tomatoes, pine nuts, garlic, pesto and extra virgin olive oil.   How cool is that?  Maybe not very but I think it is.


 Ok, this is the best freaking pie ever in any place in this world or any world and that counts the mole peoples world.  Sweeties Pie in Fish Creek.  I cannot convey how much I love this pie.....well not the Packer pie pictured....custard and rhubarb, ewwww.  I had some caramel apple pie and chocolate walnut, I'd kill for this pie.....really.




 I took my oldest daughter to the Door county Confectionery to get some candy but also a teddy bear.  She had been so damn good the whole weekend, the girl deserved something special.  She got a bear almost half her size, it was love at first sight.




Kim, my wife Karen, My youngest son Ian at Mojo Rosa's
















So this is me wearing my new favorite hat.  I love this hat, its so cool.  I love the color, the fit and most important the cute skeleton pirate logo.  Ok, so its a Milwaukee Admirals hat.  Five years ago I would have never worn any Admirals stuff, they are one of the Chicago Wolves big rivals.  BUT, they had to go and change their logo to this cute guy.  I couldn't resist so now it's my new favorite and I wore it all weekend.

So that's it, a small glimpse of my super fun weekend away.  Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment