Thursday, June 9, 2011

Has it been a year already?



One year ago today the Chicago Blackhawks did something I never thought I would see, win Lord Stanley's Cup. I watched the game at home with my wife and kids. Part of me wanted to be with a bunch of Hawks fans but part of me just wanted to stay home. I was already a nervous wreck and I knew if I was with Hawks fans it would be worse. Especially having a potential game 7 back at the UC hanging over my head, I knew I needed to stay home. That game 7 would have been amazing but I'm pretty sure I would have had a heart attack or at the very least an ulcer before I got to my seats. Luckily, the Hawks won game 6 and that was that.

I'm never going to forget last year. I am lucky to have season tickets so I was able to see most of that Cup run right from my seats in section 318. Ahhhh, the 300 level. Good times, good times. I loved my section, the people were great. I loved that to our backs was the radio team. I loved that they would actually interact with us. I loved that I had my own nacho lady, she even yelled at me once for going in another line. I loved getting to see this team come together over the last couple years to become Stanley Cup Champions. I even love the dark years going to games with the other 4-5k fans that stuck around for cold steel on ice. Those years in hockey hell made last years Cup victory mean so much more. I love that I never gave up hope, that I really thought Zhamnov, Daze, Krivo, Gilmour, Thibault & the rest of them really were the answer.....They weren't. Most of all, I love hockey. Its the best game on this planet and I'm happy Chicago is supporting it again.

So, has it really been a year already? Well, I think its time to get that next Cup. Is it October yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment