Thursday, June 9, 2011

I saw.....something....

I saw something last night I couldn't explain. A little after midnight, probably around 12:30 I was looking out my bedroom window at the coming storm. I was following the radar on the computer, I'm a weather dork, and I saw that a storm was moving in. I wanted to look at the lightning as the storm rolled through our area. The storm wasn't quite to us yet but I could see the lightning in the distance. That's when I saw a light.

I saw a light in the sky. The light was yellow/white, kinda like a headlight. It was slowly moving south and east in the sky. At first I thought it was a plane. I followed it because of how bright the light was and how low in the sky the light was. I really thought a plane might have been having trouble and was going down. I quickly realized that there was no way what I was looking at was a plane. The light continued to move south and east. Suddenly it stopped. It didn't move for about 60 seconds. During this time the light which was bright became dim. The light went down as if on a dimmer switch. Then the light moved quickly west and I couldn't see it anymore. As the light moved west it again became very bright. Again, changing intensity as if on a dimmer switch. I tried to show my wife but she came over too late to see it. This first time she was looking out a different window and her view was blocked by some houses.

Five minutes later I saw the same light again. This time my wife did see the light, saw how it moved, saw what it looked like. We both agreed it was not a plane. We have no idea what it could have been. The second time I saw the light it did a similar pattern to what I described above only it never got quite as bright as the first time I saw it. Still bright but a bit less than the first time.

There are a couple things I wanna describe and its probably best to break it down a bit.
First the light itself. The light seemed to be white/yellow in color. It was very bright, almost looked like a headlight coming at you. My area is extremely flat so there is no way it was an actual car. It was most definitely in the air. To me the first time I saw the light it almost looked like 2 or 3 round lights close together so that it looked like one big light. As I said when light stopped moving east, it became dim as if on a dimmer switch. I do remember that as the light became dim it seemed that in the middle of the light was a round dark center. The light around it like a halo. Again, I believe that it was most likely 3 lights that created the halo effect. It was more noticeable when the lights when dim.

Second the movement of the light. The light did not move like a plane. At first it did. It moved at an even slow pace East/South but it stopped. Both times it stopped for at least a minute. Both times it went quickly West. The pace was almost 3-4 times as fast moving West than East. I've never seen a plane do that. Also, the position in the sky was odd. It was really low, that was obvious and I saw no other planes in the area. There was a storm coming so you could see that it was clearly under the clouds. In fact, the whole sky was clouds. The night sky wasn't even visible.

So that's what I saw last night. I can't explain what it was. A weather balloon? I doubt it. If you have any questions please ask. Ill answer the best I can.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh - supernatural stuff freaks me out. Between the guy standing by the bathroom watching you snore and the light in the sky, I would have probably completely lost it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I try to keep an open mind to all possibilities. Unless I have something more concrete Im gonna say what my daughter saw was a dream. I like to put the story up because it keeps a nice record of what happened in the event that there is more to it. Im not saying it didn't happen but I cant PROVE it. Unless I can do that, I don't worry about it.

    The thing in the sky is different. I saw that, my wife saw that. We had time to observe and create opinions as to what it looked like. That freaks me out.

    ReplyDelete