Monday, June 20, 2011

Oh Hello, Tea at this hour?

Let me set the scene. I'm sitting....ok, lounging.....ok, ok I was lying down on the couch after a hard day of eating burgers and hot dogs, swimming and chasing the kids around. My wife is next to me, we are catching up on some shows and talking.

We hear a tap, tap at the window. Whats that? Oh nothing, or at least not enough to get me to move. Tap, tap, tap. Hmmm, now that's weird. Is it starting to rain? Yeah, that must be it. It's starting to rain. Tap, tap, tap, tap. This time I see something move by the window. I knew it! Zombie invasion! Get the Machete! Fill the tubs with water! Break down the stairs! Oh, wait.....zombies don't tap at the window. I guess I should check it out. Yeah, I still hadn't moved. Not even a zombie invasion was getting me to move unless I had to.

I get up from my comfy couch and what do I find.....


Ohhhh, Hello Mr. Bird. I'm sorry, it's very late so you can't come in for tea right now but please come back tomorrow.

(For anybody wondering, no Mr. Bird wasn't injured. He flew off once I tapped on the window.)

No comments:

Post a Comment