Wednesday, May 11, 2011

All you can eat - Picture of the Day - May 11th

All you can eat sushi? No, thank you.  I've seen this more and more and it troubles me.  It seems to be a trend for sushi places to offer all you can eat sushi.  Maybe its been going on for a long time but I feel like its more a new thing.  I see signs like this one pop up all over now.  I don't get it.  Are these places feeling the pressure of losing business to the all you can eat places so they decide to go the same route?

Here's my concern.  All you can eat is nothing new.  China Buffet, Old Country Buffet, Pizza Buffet, lots of these places can offer all you can eat specials and it works.  And by works I don't mean that its good.  They offer you cheap food and turn a profit because no matter how much you eat the food is such cheap shit there is no way you can eat enough to make them lose.  That's how all you can eat works.  You sacrifice quality, freshness & pretty much your soul to get quantity. 

The problem with sushi is you should want quality.  Quality is king when it comes to sushi.  Its all about how fresh the fish is and I doubt any of these places are giving you the freshest fish with your all you can eat sushi special.  Cheap sushi tastes like swamp ass and should be avoided at all costs.  I don't want the day old tuna that should have been thrown out but now is the all you can eat special.  So I say to Big Tuna and all places like it.  Stop, please just stop.  I'll pay for my Dragon Roll, I don't need ten of them.  Just please use good fish, I don't mind paying that little extra for quality.

2 comments:

  1. we've been to a place that had all-you-can-eat sushi. (in our defense it was one of those "fancy" buffets with steak and lobster, etc.)

    ...yes, swamp ass would be about right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im sure there are some places that are good but most are probably terrible. Sushi just doesnt seem like an all you can eat thing. Maybe Im just crazy. haha

    ReplyDelete