Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Greek Islands - Picture of the Day - May 10th

I meant to post this yesterday but I ended up going with the Mother of the Year picture.  I still have no regrets about that.  So over the weekend I went to Greek Islands restaurant with my wife, two daughters and the rest of my family to celebrate my Dad's birthday.  My boys stayed home with a babysitter.  I wasn't sure how much I was going to like this place because I haven't had tons of Greek food that I've liked.  Truth is, Ive only been to one other Greek restaurant and I didn't care for it.  I ended up being very surprised and I loved the meal I had. 

For starters we got saganaki and grilled octopus.  Both were wonderful, how could you not like flaming cheese?  My daughter tried the grilled octopus which was wonderful.  I was happy that she tried it even though she thought it was chicken at the time she ate it.

 For Dinner I had Mediterranean Sea Bass with a potato and rice with tomato sauce.  The fish was perfect, very lite and tasted like fish.  I hate when you get fish and restaurants kill the taste with over saucing or seasoning.  I order fish because I like fish so its nice when a place gets it right.
            
Of course with dinner I needed something to drink so I had some Greek beer.  I wouldn't say it was my favorite but it served its purpose.  Sorry Greece, your beer has nothing on the Belgians.   

Dessert was chocolate cake with some Greek coffee.  Sorry, no picture of the cake.  I forgot to take it.  There was also Greek yogurt with honey and nuts at the table. All in all, a great meal and fun time.

No comments:

Post a Comment