Friday, May 20, 2011

Saint Paul de Vence

OK, so we're back in Nice but we didn't want to just sit around so we rented a car and left Nice yet again for a day trip to the mountains and Saint Paul de Vence http://www.saint-pauldevence.com/tourism_uk.html  Saint Paul is one of the oldest medieval towns in the French Riviera.  The village has been preserved almost intact as an example of an actual feudal town.   It's famous for its modern and contemporary art museums and galleries.
The view was gorgeous, the town overlooked a mountain side full of vineyards. The town itself was beautiful, very much like taking a step back in time while still having a modern flair.  I'm sure these pictures speak for them self.  I loved this town, I hope to make it back before I die.

The only way to get in to Saint Paul.













I loved this dog, her name was Cassis.  Her owner was an artist named Phil.  We bought some of his paintings, they now hang in our kids room.








Next stop, another day trip to Saint-Maximin-la-Sainte-Baume.  Very cool stuff there!

I'm going to take the weekend off the honeymoon trip pictures.  It's going to be busy and I won't have the time to do it justice so check back Monday for more cool France pics.  Of course, make sure to check back tomorrow for something else that I'm sure is gonna be super cool too.

No comments:

Post a Comment