Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patricks Day!

I've never really celebrated St. Patrick's Day.  I don't get it, I'm sure I never will.  I think it has something to do with living on the South Side of Chicago.  Drinking green beer is one thing, I can completely get behind going out for a beer.  Drinking and being a complete asshole to everyone you encounter in the name of Irish is just....stupid.  St. Patty's Day is a different animal here, a different mentality.  It's 8a.m.? Drink!  You're 11 years old? Drink!  You're passed out pissing yourself? Somebody get a funnel and get this poor bastard to Drink! You're pissing on my lawn? You now got some more room to Drink! I can go on but you get the picture.  But, regardless of all that, it is St. Patty's Day so in honor of that I give you this gem of a song by They Might Be Giants - Drink!

No comments:

Post a Comment